If you live in a small home, you might think that you can’t do much to renovate it. However, there are plenty of ways to renovate your small space or room to make it more functional and stylish. Keep reading for some great home renovation ideas for small spaces.
When renovating a small space, it’s important to think vertically. Utilize every inch of available space to make the most of the limited square footage. This may require some creative thinking and a little bit of extra effort, but the payoff is worth it. Here are some tips for thinking vertically when renovating a small space:
- Use wall space. One of the best ways to use vertical space in a small space is to make use of the walls. Install shelves, cubbies, or hooks to create storage space where there weren’t any before. This can be a great way to store books, clothes, or other items that take up a lot of space. If you need more storage, consider self storage deals.
- Install a Murphy bed. A Murphy bed is a great way to save space in a small room. When not in use, the bed folds up against the wall, freeing up space for other purposes.
- Use a loft bed. If you have a little bit of extra space in your small room, consider using a loft bed. This will allow you to use the floor space for storage or other purposes.
- Use a desk with storage. A desk with storage can be a great way to use vertical space in a small room. The desk can provide a place to work, and the storage can be used for storing books, school supplies, or other items.
- Use a ladder to access high spaces. If you have a high ceiling, use a ladder to access the space. This can be a great place to store extra blankets, towels, or other items.
Maximize Your Floor Space
One of the most important things to consider when renovating a small space is how to best maximize your floor space. Doing this will create organization and also give you the space to complete the repairs that you shouldn’t delay, such as water damage, furnace issues, and window cracks. Here are a few tips to help you out: First, when choosing furniture for a small space, opt for pieces that have multiple purposes. For example, a sofa that also doubles as a bed or a coffee table with storage space inside. Second, create designated zones for different activities. For example, a dining area, a living area, and a bedroom. This will help to keep your space organized and easier to use. Finally, bright colors and light fixtures can help to make a small space feel larger and more open. Consider adding some mirrors to reflect light and give the illusion of more space.
Add Visual Interest
Small spaces can be beautified with visual accents that make the space feel larger. Adding paintings and plants can create the illusion of more space. Accessories can also play a key role in making a small space feel larger. By using decorative objects that have a visual impact, such as vases, sculptures, and rugs, the eye is drawn to these pieces, and the space feels more populated. Further, furniture with clean lines and simple shapes will take up less space and prevent the room from feeling cluttered.
Small spaces can be a challenge when it comes to renovation. But with a bit of creativity, you can make even the tiniest area work for your needs. Overall, these renovation ideas can improve the functionality and aesthetic of a home, which can make it a more desirable place to live.